****INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL******
Date: July 1, 2013
TO: Graduate Students
cc: Graduate Coordinators; Graduate Administrative Staff
RE: Only 2 days left to apply to graduate for Summer 2013 ***Wednesday, July 3, 2013 ***
Just a reminder… if you plan to graduate this term, you have 2 days left to apply. There are no late degree applications for the Summer term!
For your convenience, we have developed the following checklist for students who plan to graduate at the end of the term: http://www.graduateschool.ufl.edu/files/graduation-checklist.pdf
(1) All changes to your degree program must be entered into GIMS by your academic unit no later than 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, July 3, 2013. Changes include: degree title, degree type (thesis to non-thesis, project in lieu of thesis, etc.), college, major, and, if applicable, minor and/or concentration.
(2) All changes to your supervisory committee (including a change from thesis to non-thesis option) must be entered into GIMS by your academic unit no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 3, 2013.
(3) Final Graduation Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 3, 2013. Remember, there are no late degree applications for summer term!
(4) Credit Transfer Deadline: The Graduate School must receive all requests for transfer credit from academic units by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 3, 2013.
(5) Submission of Concurrent and Nontraditional Doctoral/Master’s Degree Program: You must submit a complete packet of materials for participation in a concurrent and or nontraditional doctoral/master’s degree programs, including up-to-date programs of study no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 3, 2013.
(6) Grade Resolution Deadline: Review your transcript for pending or punitive grades. Problem grades, such as I (Incomplete) or NG (No Grade Reported), must appear on your transcript with a grade assignment by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 26, 2013. Change of Grade forms “in process” will not satisfy this deadline.
(7) Grade Point Average Requirements: Students are required to have an overall, major, and minor
(if applicable) truncated grade point average of 3.00 to graduate.
(8) Additional Resources:
Please review these websites for more detailed information. If selecting the link results in an error message, please copy then paste the text into the URL address of your web browser to open the site.
Deadlines and Critical Dates:
Thesis and Dissertation Deadlines:
Supervisory Committee Attendance Requirements:
Degree Award Requirements:
UF Graduate Student Records
PO Box 115500
Gainesville, FL 32611
Telephone: (352) 392-4643
Fax: (352) 846-2756