Hello BEST,

Tropical Soda Apple is an exotic plant native to Brazil, and is a
serious problem here in Florida where it is listed as a Category I
invasive species. Some has recently been removed from the area by the
Florida Department of Transportation, which is planning on disposing of
it at the local transfer station. I was wondering if anyone in the BEST
community had heard of using this plant for bioenergy production, or had
any thoughts on the matter? I feel that if a large amount of waste is
being produced from the removal of this species, it would be beneficial
to try and use that waste to create energy, perhaps through anaerobic
digestion.

Thank you,
Candice Prince