Hello BESTERs,

In other news, 10 million burgers are being recalled in Britain after
horse DNA was found in meat from a Tesco supermarket.  On the bright
side - if you can call it that - at least the recalled meat will be
anaerobically digested.  The bigger issues for me in this story are,
first, how on Earth did horse meat end up mixed with cow meat?  Did a
rancher fall off his horse while they were corralling the cows and it
wandered into the slaughterhouse? Did the rancher go with it??  If they
can accidentally butcher a horse, what other sort of quality control
over-sight is going on?  Second of all, what's the big problem with a
little horse meat in your burger?  Is it any worse than eating cow, pig,
or chicken meat?  As long as the meat was still edible, this is a huge
waste of food, even though it will be sent to an anaerobic digestion.  I
say they should have a put a sticker on it calling it "boutique meat"
and charged double.

Have a great weekend,
Ryan

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/17/rejected-horse-meat-burgers-used-to-make-real-horse-power-3356764/

Rejected ‘horse meat burgers’ used to make real horse power
Metro
January 17, 2013