ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   January 23, 2013

To:     All UF Graduate Students

Cc:     All UF Graduate Coordinators and Staff

From:   UF I-Cubed Program: Innovation through Institutional Integration

RE:     March 29: Deadline to Apply for 2013 UF I-Cubed Program Interdisciplinary Research Project Awards

2013 I-CUBED PROGRAM INTERDICIPLINARY RESEARCH PROJECT AWARDS

Application Deadline: MARCH 29th, 2013 (Friday) 5:00 PM

The Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cubed) program at the University of Florida is a five-year project funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to foster integration of student-based research and training programs in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) disciplines, including SBE (Social, Behavioral & Economic) sciences. One of the objectives of the program is to facilitate interdisciplinary research collaboration between graduate students from different disciplines.

Purpose: This award is intended 1) to encourage graduate students in the STEM disciplines to propose, develop and participate with SBE students in an interdisciplinary research projects, 2) provide graduate students with experience working in an interdisciplinary team environment, and 3) encourage graduate students to involve undergraduate students in research activities.
The award is open to graduate students from across the university. Each team MUST include at least one member from the STEM and another from SBE disciplines. The minimum team size is two graduate students. In addition, projects that involve one or more undergraduate students will receive priority for funding consideration

New in 2013! This year, I-Cubed will provide one funding (up to $2,500) for a team of STEM and SBE graduate students to work with students from the College of Fine Arts. The goal of this initiative is to encourage students to integrate Arts in their research projects which will help unlock creative thinking and innovation, and result in collaborative exchanges with the arts (including, visual, literary, humanities, performing, etc.)

Funding Details: Up to 6 awards ($2,500 each)

Workshop Session: I-Cubed Program will hold a Nuts & Bolts Session for grant applicants to answer questions on award application and budget. This session is scheduled for:
*	February 15th at 1:00 PM
*	Location: HUB Rm145 (UF International Center)
All prospective applicants for this award are strongly encouraged to attend the I-Cubed Nuts & Bolts workshop.
In addition, I-Cubed encourages students to attend Co-Lab workshops offered by UF Libraries Grants Management Program. For more information, visit http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/communications/colab/home.html

For application package and more information, please go to http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/funding-2/nsf-funding/i-cubed-graduate-student-interdisciplinary-research-award/

Nargiza Ludgate (Rakhimova)
I-Cubed Program
University of Florida International Center
1765 Stadium Road, Suite 170 Hub| PO Box 113225 | Gainesville, FL 32611
P: (352) 273-1531 | F: (352) 392-5575 | E: [log in to unmask] | http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu