________________________________

Good afternoon,

As a reminder, in an effort to ensure the integrity of the administration of the nearly $700 million in sponsored support the University receives each year, an educational program in Cost Principles is mandatory.  The course must be completed by January 15, 2013.  After that time, investigators who have not successfully completed the course will have Notice of Award actions on their sponsored programs withheld.  The original announcement of this program is available at: http://www.admin.ufl.edu/ddd/default.asp?doc=18.5.2795.6

The course is available online through myUFL by navigating to Main Menu > My Self Service > Training and Development > Request Training Enrollment. The course name is "Cost Principles" and the course number is RSH260.  It is available online (after locating the course and enrolling, you will be directed to the UF e-Learning/Sakai site).  It takes approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.

Tools to facilitate tracking of completion of this course are available on the DSR website. Specifically, http://my.research.ufl.edu/Applications/Compliance/MandatoryTraining.aspx provides a listing of all individuals who have completed the course as well as indication of investigators who are "Not Trained."  This information shows completion by individual and by department ID.  Completion of the course appears in this database 48 hours after passing the short quiz at the end of the course.
We appreciate your support in ensuring all investigators complete this course before January 15.

Thank you.
Stephanie

Stephanie Gray | Director
Division of Sponsored Research