I can only endorse Howard's view. In an earlier thread in PSYART I expressed a similar position. Later I expanded my contribution to the thread into a composition called "The Neurological Fallacy, which I define as a non-article. It is due to be published in Pragmatics and Cognition. There I am trying to explain in what conditions it is legitimate to drag in neuroscience into psychology and literary criticism, and in what conditions not. I don't think I am free to publish it on the list; but if someone is interested, I should be pleased to send off-list an unedited version of it.

Best,
Reuven

Reuven Tsur

The Cognitive Poetics Project