ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   February 12, 2013

To:     All UF Graduate Students

Cc:     All UF Graduate Coordinators and Staff

From:   UF I-Cubed (Innovation through Institutional Integration) Program

RE:     UF I-Cubed Interdisciplinary Research Awards Reminders: Feburay 15 Workshop and March 29 Deadline

NUTS & BOLTS SESSION ON I-CUBED INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AWARDS

When: February 15th (Friday)
Time: 1:00 - 2:30 PM
Location: HUB room 145 (UF International Center's large conference room)

We'd like to invite all prospective applicants to participate in the Nuts & Bolts session where we can answer your questions about application requirements and budget specifics. We encourage interested applicants to submit questions on this funding opportunity prior to the session. Questions can be sent to Nargiza Ludgate (Rakhimova) at [log in to unmask]

I-CUBED INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AWARDS

Application Deadline: MARCH 29th, 2013 (Friday) by 5:00PM

The Innovation through Institutional Integration (I-Cubed) program at the University of Florida is announcing a new cycle of funding opportunities for graduate students in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) and SBE (social, behavioral, economics) disciplines interested in interdisciplinary research.

This award is intended 1) to encourage graduate students in the STEM disciplines to propose, develop and participate with SBE students in an interdisciplinary research projects, 2) provide graduate students with experience working in an interdisciplinary team environment, and 3) encourage graduate students to involve undergraduate students in research activities.

The award is open to graduate students from across the university. Each team MUST include at least one member from the STEM and another from SBE disciplines. The minimum team size is two graduate students. In addition, projects that involve one or more undergraduate students will receive priority for funding consideration.

New in 2013! This year, I-Cubed will provide one funding (up to $2,500) for a team of STEM and SBE graduate students to work with students from the College of Fine Arts. The goal of this initiative is to encourage students to integrate Arts in their research projects which will help unlock creative thinking and innovation, and result in collaborative exchanges with the arts (including, visual, literary, humanities, performing, etc.)
Six awards up to $2,500 each will be awarded to teams of graduate students to conduct projects for duration not to exceed one academic year. The competition is open to graduate students from across the university. Each team MUST include at least one member from the STEM and another from SBE disciplines.

For application package and more information, please go to http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/funding-2/nsf-funding/i-cubed-graduate-student-interdisciplinary-research-award/

Nargiza Ludgate (Rakhimova)
I-Cubed Project
University of Florida International Center
170 HUB, Stadium Rd. | PO Box 113225 | Gainesville, FL 32611
P: (352) 273-1531 | F: (352) 392-5575 | E: [log in to unmask] | http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu