Bongwon Suh, et al. have done some work on features that predict the
likelihood of messages being retweeted:
http://peterpirolli.com/Professional/About_Me_files/2010-04-15-retweetability-v18-final.pdf

It's also been cited extensively, so I'd look through these as well:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?cites=4176598563614687069