I'm looking for literature that discusses the concept of a backbone
for social networks. I know of one reference (below) and am looking
for others.

Alternately, what are your thoughts on the concept of a 'backbone' in
a social network? What kinds of elements ought such a concept contain?
How ought one measure it?

Thank you,
Jeff

Kossinets, G., Kleinberg, J., & Watts, D. (2008). The structure of
information pathways in a social communication network. In 14th ACM
SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data minin
(pp. 435–443).

--
Jeff Hemsley
Doctoral Candidate