Please see opportunity below and share with potentially interested candidates.   Wendy Graham

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to bring to your attention that we will soon begin recruiting for two different positions - Aquaculture Advisor and Water Advisor.  The incumbents will be recruited and hired by the USDA/Agricultural Research Service but will be detailed to the US Agency for International Development and will work in the Office of Agricultural Research and Policy in the Bureau for Food Security in Washington, DC.  The incumbents will be responsible for providing leadership and technical support in agricultural research to USAID and its Missions around the world and will contribute to the implementation of the Feed the Future Research Strategy.

The Water Advisor will serve as a technical resource in natural resource management, with a focus on smallholder water management and irrigation in agricultural systems and will work to strengthen linkages within USAID's research programs in Sustainable Intensification.  The position will involve coordination and management of USAID’s relationship with the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and US Universities and development and coordination of USAID’s relationship with USDA, other US government (USG’s) agencies, and external entities engaged in international research, in the areas of climate change, water/irrigation and other aspects of natural resource management.

The Aquaculture Advisor will serve as a technical resource in the science and technology aspects of aquaculture, fisheries, and aquatic resources, and the management of related program interventions including natural resources management; will work to strengthen linkages between USAID’s aquaculture and fisheries research programs and Feed the Future objectives related to sustainable intensification and household nutrition, especially for women and children in developing countries; and will be responsible for maintaining an on-going, close working relationship with the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)  Collaborative Research Support Programs (CRSPs) and other BFS activities; and coordinating USAID's relationship with USDA, other U.S. government (USG’s) agencies, US Universities and external entities engaged in international research, in the areas of aquaculture, fisheries, and aquatic resources.

Feed the Future is the US Government's Global Hunger and Food Security Initiative: http://www.feedthefuture.gov/

The Feed the Future Research Strategy is available here:  http://www.feedthefuture.gov/resource/feed-future-research-strategy

If you would like to learn more about our office and the work we do, I am happy to answer any questions.  You can also send me your name and e-mail address and we will send you the link when it is posted on www.usajobs.gov. US citizens only are eligible.

Thanks in advance for circulating this announcement to your networks - please share widely.

Best regards,

Julie Howard

Chief Scientist, Bureau for Food Security

Sr. Advisor to the Administrator for Agricultural Research, Extension and Education

U.S. Agency for International Development

Tel. 202 712 0501