This evening, 3/21, I found the 1st cycle Iceland Gull that has been around for a few weeks and a new 1st cycle Glaucous Gull. This bird is darker than most of the Glaucous Gulls that we see here. Usually the 1st cycle Glaucous Gulls found here are virtually bleached white, especially this late in the year. This bird has a great deal of brown mottling throughout its plumage. It is also somewhat smaller and has a smaller bill than usual, perhaps indicating this is a female.

There was also a Parasitic Jaeger and a Pomarine Jaeger chasing the gulls just offshore. The Purple Sandpiper was still present on the north jetty at Ponce de Leon Inlet.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL