Hi,
  Yesterday, after attending a retiree's Bike Week breakfast in DeLeon Springs, I was east bound on SR 40 about a mile east of SR 11 when my first of the season Swallow-tailed Kite floated gently across the highway at tree top level. Then at I-95 and SR 40 there was a flock of 40 or so Cedar Waxwings headed north bound.

  This morning I looked out to see at least 18 American Gold Finches in the backyard. I counted 10 on the ground below the feeder, along with a female Red-winged Blackbird. There were 8 or 9 more crowding around the thistle feeder. I've had 10 or so here for the past 2 weeks. Most of their time is spent on the thistle feeder but they also get on the regular feeder when they can squeeze in between the Mourning Doves.

  Earlier today I made my reservations for the Spring FOS meeting in St. Pete. The skin quiz has never been my strong suit but I'm hoping practice will make for improvement. Hope to see you there.

David Hartgrove
Daytona Beach, FL