Hello All,

I would like to announce that we are having an all day open house. The
Student Compost Cooperative will be hosting an open house this earth day
(Monday, the 22nd) at the UF Energy Research and Education Park. The
address is 2610 SW 23rd Terrace Gainesville, FL. Just like last time,
you can bring a bucket full of food scraps for us and take home a bucket
full of compost for your home garden. Also feel free to invite anyone
you know that would be interested or forward this email to other
people/lists. Please RSVP by email to me at [log in to unmask]

This time around we're having an open workday in the garden. We'll be
weeding and doing other maintenance activities. We're also going to set
up lights around the picnic tables and if we have time we may also build
a new pallet bike rack! Also the Algae lab will be offering tours to any
who are interested!

(Note: If you would like to bring food waste to compost, please avoid
bringing meats or oils.)

The SCC is a student-run cooperative, organized by the BioEnergy and
Sustainable Technology (BEST) Laboratory, and has an open door policy,
meaning food waste can be brought to the composters at any time.

Thanks.
Cary Putnal
SCC Coordinator