The Student Compost Cooperative will be hosting an open house today from 4pm to 6pm at the UF Energy Research and Education Park. The address is 2610 SW 23rd Terrace Gainesville, FL. This time around we are showcasing home gardening of the potted, vertical, and hydroponic varieties. We will be building a hydroponic window farm, a potato box, and a few more activities that should be just as hands on. We are also going to be cooking another meal on the biogas stove and will provide refreshments. Just like last time, you can bring a bucket full of food scraps for us and take home a bucket full of compost for your home garden. Also feel free to invite anyone you know that would be interested.

Please RSVP by email to:

A tentative schedule:
4pm Meet up/networking/food & beverages
430 Introduction to potted plants and germinating seeds.
5pm How to grow potatoes vertically.
520 Vertical Hydroponics: A "how to" seminar

(Note: If you would like to bring food waste to compost this Friday, please avoid bringing meats or oils.)

The SCC is a student-run cooperative, organized by the BioEnergy and Sustainable Technology (BEST) Laboratory, and has an open door policy, meaning food waste can be brought to the composters at any time.