If you look specifically for analyses of co-citation networks, this
might be of interest (somewhat from a more computer-science perspective):

V. Belák, M. Karnstedt, C. Hayes:
Life-Cycles and Mutual Effects of Scientific Communities,
Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 22, 2011, pp. 37-48.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877042811013772

Cheers,
Marcel

On 02/04/2013 18:28, Johnson, Jeffrey C wrote:

> Clayton,
>

> These pubs don?t deal specifically with co-citation networks but
> they do deal with social dynamics in isolated and confined
> environments.
>

> Jeff
>

> L.A. Palinkas, J.C. Johnson, J.S. Boster, S. Rakusa-Suszczewski,
> V.P. Klopov, X. Q. Fu, and U. Sachdeva. ?Cross cultural Difference
> in Psychosocial Adaptation to Isolated and Confined Environments?.
> Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 75, No. 11
> (2004): 973-980.
>

> L.A. Palinkas, J.C. Johnson, and  J.S. Boster"Social Support and
> Depressed Mood in Isolated and Confined Environments."  _Acta
> Astronautica_  54 (2004): 639-647.
>

> J.C. Johnson, J. Boster, and L. Palinkas. "Social Roles and the
> Evolution of Networks in Isolated and Extreme Environments. _The
> Journal of Mathematical Sociology_  Volume 27/Numbers2-3, (2003):
> pp. 89-122. .
>

> L.A. Palinkas, E.K.E. Gunderson, J.C. Johnson, and A. Holland,.
> "Behavior and Performance on long Duration Space Flights: Evidence
> from Analog Environments." _Aviation, Space, and Environmental
> Medicine _Vol. 71, No. 49: September 2000.
>
> L.A. Palinkas, E.K.E. Gunderson, A. Holland, C. Miller, and J.C.
> Johnson. "Predictors of Behavior and Performance in Extreme
> Environments: The Antarctic Space Analogue Program." _Aviation,
> Space, and Environmental Medicine _Vol. 71, No. 41: 1-7, April
> 2000.*//*
>

> L.A. Palinkas, J.C. Johnson, J.S. Boster, and M. Houseal.
> Longitudinal Studies of Behavior and Performance During a Winter at
> the South Pole. _Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine _69(1)
> 73-77, 1998.
>
> */ /*
>
> J.C. Johnson and B.R. Finney. ?Structural Approaches to the Study
> of Groups in Space: A Look at Two Analogs,? _Journal of Social
> Behavior and Personality_ 1(3):325-347, 1986.

- --
Dr. Marcel Karnstedt <http://www.marcel.karnstedt.com/>

phone: +353 91 494034

Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI) <http://www.deri.ie/>