 Hi all,

I have a few quick questions about the various algorithms for assessing core-periphery structures for valued networks.  We are hoping to use UCINET to explore whether valued networks measured at the ordinal level exhibit core-periphery structures.  Here are my questions:

Are any of the C-P algorithms available in UCINET appropriate to run with ordinal level ties (e.g., Likert type responses about the intensity or frequency of ties on a 5 point scale)?

In particular, we have been looking specifically at the MINRES and CORR procedures.  If both of these are appropriate, what are the pros and cons to each of these approaches?

Thanks in advance,
Jenna

--
Jennifer Watling Neal, Ph.D.