***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.
Data Mining and Analysis in the Engineering Field Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies & Research, Delhi, India
Proposals Submission Deadline: No later than May 05, 2013 for Round Two
To Be Published by IGI Global: http://bit.ly/SHdfnI
Data Mining is all about finding nuggets of valuable and hidden information from large data sets. The Data Mining tools and techniques are finding immense applications in the modern day especially in the field of Engineering. These applications need to be addressed and explained in one book to understand the importance of the Data Mining applications, whether it is Software Engineering, Virtual reality, fractals or any other emerging application in Engineering field. The continuing efforts towards finding new application areas of Data Mining has ultimately resulted in finding valuable and important hidden patterns from Scientific and Engineering fields. This will widen the application area, and more interest will be created in budding researchers to pursue
their research in Data Mining. The implications of Data Mining and analysis can be understood by the facts that whether it’s a public or private sector organization considering which ever area which is not restricted to Scientific, Engineering or Business purpose, all are taking advantage of the analytics using Data Mining tools and techniques to reveal the hidden and unknown information from the available data. This has been widened primarily because of the large, or can we say terabyte, of data which is collected by all the organizations over the years in the form of databases or data- warehouse in soft mode. The new and emerging areas of Data Mining and analysis techniques have surprised many researchers and business persons who are actually gaining a lot of hidden and unknown information for increasing their ROI.
Overall Objective of the Book
The objective of the proposed publication is to make researchers and other prospective readers aware of the latest trends and patterns in the inclusion of the Data Mining analysis tools and techniques in the Engineering areas which had there establishment and own importance like Software Engineering which are used by the common men so that a better system can be developed with improved and modern techniques of Data Mining analysis. The Data Mining and analysis applications in the Engineering field of especially Software Engineering, Fractals, and Virtual Reality would be gathered from eminent researchers across globe and would be part of this edited book. The mission of the proposed publication is to come up with
an edited book which aims at latest and most advanced topic inclusion and simultaneous discussion of contributions of renowned researchers whose work created a revolution in the area. The unique characteristics of the publication would be:
1) The proposed work of eminent researchers in the application of Data Mining analysis in emerging Engineering areas like Software Engineering, Fractals and Virtual Reality which are current topics of research will be part of this edited Volume.
2) The book will be targeted towards providing quality; best and latest research by eminent researchers discussing how such research affects and significantly influences common people in their everyday life. This can include medical field application of fractals or finding new metric and its importance in Software Engineering.
3) The published work will have significant influence on business users, common people and a great impact on society
The impact of the contribution through this edited book is going to be widespread considering the very fact that areas like Software Engineering are developed and established fields. Widening its growth by finding some significant impact of the Data Mining in this will create a boom in the software industry, where entrepreneurs are constantly in search of such novel and brilliant technological inclusion for making effective and productive Software. Similarly, finding the Data Mining analysis viability in the areas of Multimedia application like Virtual Reality, which itself is gaining tremendous popularity in the current scenario, would add to its benefit by finding more and crisp output from the inclusion of Data Mining.
1) Researchers will be able to learn the latest application areas of Data Mining and analysis in the engineering field.
2) Business users will get to know how inclusion of analytics using Data Mining can provide added advantages for them in their professions.
3) Common people will get the secure edge for their data which is revealed in the application of Data Mining in wide engineering field using privacy preservation techniques like anonymization.
The analysis using Data Mining is all about the revealing of hidden and unknown information from the huge available data. The analytical techniques of Data Mining which are primarily making it happen are:
3) Association Rule Mining
These techniques are able to classify the given data on the basis of whether it is a supervised or unsupervised learning methodology. In the case of supervised learning, the dependent and independent variables are considered. There are set of independent variables on the basis of which the value of the dependent variable is predicted while in the case of unsupervised learning the useful information is searched by forming the clusters or group. The variables in both the case can be nominal, ordinal, categorical or continuous variables depending upon the available data which enable us to apply the various algorithms of the different techniques discussed above. Considering its wider application area, it was found and identified by the editor that many
engineering areas like Software Engineering which is established over years had tremendous scope and usage of analytical tools of Data Mining in its effective implementation. Similarly, another vital and key area identified is that in fractals, which is key engineering area in today's world can use and is using Data Mining in its effective implementation. This thought was further widened by understanding the importance of Virtual Reality and Data Mining analysis coming together for finding enormous application in diversified fields of engineering and sciences. These areas are already hot topics in the research. By the inclusion of the analysis using Data Mining in such areas, the application and usability of all the said areas will be widened. The researchers are already working in this area. The editors is finding the Data Mining applications as great potential in above said areas which only needs to be put together from ideas across the globe in the
form of the book to help emerging and new researchers who can use the floated ideas for future Enhancement and betterment for the society.
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to the following:
We are accepting article proposals within the following fields of research for this exhaustive publication. The authors can come with novel proposal highlighting emerging engineering areas getting benefitted through application of Data Mining and analysis. Please feel free to suggest other areas related to your expertise not necessarily listed below:
· Engineering applications like Telecommunication and Scientific applications of 3D models for medical research and dynamic models for representation of abstract concepts and ideas using data-mining applications
· Use of dynamic 3D models for simulating biological or social processes
· Data Mining applications and usability in Design of VR systems and VEs
· Assessment of Virtual Reality Systems using data mining and Analysis
· Use of Data analysis in Motion capture, synthesis and Geometric modeling
· Virtual exploration of solution spaces and Evolutionary computations
· Security impact on application of data mining in Virtual reality data
· Data Mining in document hierarchies, code repositories, bug report databases.
· Rules Extraction using data mining in Historical data
· Software repositories Mining, Prediction of Software escalation
· Software project management and maintenance using data mining
· Data Mining Assisted Software/program Renovation, understand ability and Design Recovery
· Data Mining for Software Process discovery, design, Quality, Component Identification, Selection, Specification, Debugging, Explanation , Optimization, Re-Engineering, Re-use and security.
· Use of Data Mining in Software packaging, identification of Software Plagiarism
· Use of fractals dimension theory in Clustering Analysis
· Use of Fractal dimension theory in varied applicative area like biomedical, image processing
· Neural networks for parallel computation of fractal sets
· Distributed Data Stream mining using fractals
· Time series analysis using fractals
· Identification of self-similar fractals in various engineering fields using Data Mining Techniques like Clustering
· Analytical Optimization of Fractal dimension based future selection algorithms.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before May 05, 2013, a 2-3 page article proposal clearly explaining the mission, concerns, and classification (Which field of engineering are you finding application of Data Mining and analysis) of his or her proposed article. Authors of accepted proposals will be notified ongoing (but no more than two weeks after receiving the proposal) about the status of their proposals and sent article guidelines for preparing an article (3,000-5,000 words) and 7-10 related terms and their appropriate definitions. Full articles with definitions are expected to be submitted by two months after proposals are accepted (with last article deadline on November 05, 2013). All submitted articles will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), publisher of the “Information Science Reference” (formerly Idea Group Reference), “Medical Information Science Reference,” “Business Science Reference,” and “Engineering Science Reference” imprints. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com. This publication is anticipated to be released in 2014.
Proposal Submission Deadline: May 05, 2013 (Round Two)
Notification of Acceptance: Ongoing
Full Chapter Due: Two months after proposals are accepted
Review Results Returned: Ongoing
Final Chapter Submission: December 01, 2013
Final Deadline: December 15, 2013
Editorial Advisory Board Members
The Chief Editor will be advised and supported by an Editorial Advisory Board (EAB), consisting of leading specialized experts from the academia and industry. The current members of the EAB include:
· Prof. Witold Pedrycz, Professor, University of Alberta, Canada
· Prof. Shao-cheng Qu, Professor, Department of Information & Technology, Central China Normal University, Hubei, China
· Prof. Alexandr Savinov, SAP Research, Germany
· Prof. Marenglen Biba, Professor(CSE), Albania
· Prof. Zekâi Şen, Professor, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
· Prof. Michael N. Katehakis, Professor & Chair, Department of Management & Information Systems, Rutgers Business School-Newark and New Brunswick
· Prof. Shu-Ching Chen, Professor & Graduate Program Director, Florida International University, School of Computing and Information Sciences, Miami, FL 33199, USA
· Prof. Zhongyu (Joan) Lu, Professor, Dept. of Informatics, University of Huddersfield (UK).
· Alessandro Fiori, Project manager, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment (IRCC) – Candiolo (Italy)
· Prof. Jagannath V Aghav, Professor, Dept. of Computer Engineering, COE, Pune (India)
· Dr. Yudong Zhang, Research Scientist, Columbia University and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, USA
· Dr. Alfredo Cuzzocrea, University of Calabria, Italy
Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically (Word document):
Associate Professor (CSE)
Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies & Research,
Geeta Colony, Delhi, India
Telephone: +91-11-22405027, +91-9810460676