Dear all,

We just got some funds for a one-year post-doctoral position in Social Networks/Network Science. I attached the ad that we put out via ASA (pasted below).

Cheers,

Omar.

The Interdisciplinary Center for Network Science and Applications (iCeNSA) at the University of Notre Dame will have one postdoctoral fellowship available beginning June 1, 2013 for a 12 month period. †The position is supported by ARL NS-CTA project (www.ns-cta.org).

Candidates will be expected to work primarily on a collaborative project dealing the dynamic co-evolution of personal traits and social ties. The candidate will be expected to work on a novel data set containing trace logs of minute-by-minute information on the communicative interactions of a sample of 196 college Freshmen (collected via a monitoring infrastructure linked to their personal smartphones) as well as periodic survey information on their significant social contacts along with information on attitudes, beliefs and practices.

We welcome applicants from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds (e.g. sociology, political science, computer science, communication, organizational behavior, and others). Candidates who can demonstrate expertise in social network analysis or computational social science, and can provide evidence of facility with the handling and analysis of large-scale data sets will be given priority.

The postdoctoral researcher will be working with a team of sociologists and computer scientists and engineers, will be affiliated with and have office space in iCeNSA, and will be supervised by Professors Omar Lizardo. †Researchers will have full access to iCeNSAís and the Sociology Departmentís collective resources in computing, print/data libraries, and administrative services.

Candidates must have completed all the requirements for the doctorate by the time of the initial appointment. †Familiarity with standard network analysis platforms (UCINET, R, SIENNA) is required and facility with high-level programming languages (C++, Python, Matlab, Mathematica, etc), as well as experience with simulation and data-mining techniques is a plus.

To apply, send a vita, a short description of your current and future work, three letters of recommendation, and copies of your publications or papers to:

Prof. Omar Lizardo

Department of Sociology

810 Flanner Hall

University of Notre Dame