---------- Forwarded message ----------

11th Workshop on Networks in Economics and Sociology

Special edition: Multidisciplinary Economics and Networks

Utrecht, The Netherlands, June 13-14, 2013

Dear all,

We are happy to announce the 11th edition of our annual Workshop on Networks in Economics and Sociology at Utrecht University. We gratefully acknowledge funding for the workshop by the Tjalling C. Koopmans Institute, the research institute of  the Utrecht University School of Economics. The central theme of this year is Multidisciplinary Economics and Networks. Over the past two decades, the analysis of social and economic networks, based on the rational paradigm, has become an important theme in economics. During the same period, economics has become a more multidisciplinary subject, integrating insights e.g. from psychology, economic history and geography. During the workshop we aim to explore to what extent the analysis of social and economic networks may benefit from integrating these insights.

We are proud to present three keynote speakers:

Arno Riedl (Maastricht University)

Vincent Vannetelbosch (CORE, Université Catholique de Louvain)

Fernando Vega Redondo (European University Institute, Florence)

We invite the submission of both abstracts and full papers, where papers will be given priority. All submissions with social and economic networks, multidisciplinary economics, or both as a topic are welcome. We welcome theoretical as well as empirical work. We aim at an interdisciplinary workshop including economists, sociologists, but also researchers from other fields. Also in terms of research methods, we will try to organize a workshop that includes papers using a variety of research strategies.

The program will be on two half days, starting around 10:00 on the 13th and ending around 12:30 at the 14th of June, each half day including one keynote speech.

Detailed information on the workshop will become available at:

http://www.uu.nl/faculty/leg/NL/organisatie/departementen/departementeconomie/onderzoek/seminarserie/conferences/Pages/default.aspx.

Conference attendance, including two lunches and a dinner, is free. The number of participants is limited to 35, where priority is given to presenters of accepted papers, where further participants are allowed in on a first-come-first-served basis.

Deadline for submission of abstracts: May 1, 2013

Deadline for registration: June 1, 2013

Please do not hesitate to forward this call to any colleague who you think might be interested.

Submission of draft papers and abstracts, as well as registration can be done by sending an email to [log in to unmask].

Please include in your email:

- Name and affiliation

- Your paper or abstract (if you want to present)

- Which days you expect to be present and whether you will join for the lunch on 13th June, the diner (13th June, evening), and/or the lunch of 14th June.

Kind regards,

Kris De Jaegher, Stephanie Rosenkranz, Vincent Buskens