This evening, 4/22, we had strong NE winds at 20-25 knots and rain squalls at Ponce de Leon Inlet. This made a great time to go to the Inlet about 6 p.m. No one wanted to be out in this, so I had the Inlet to myself.  The ocean was washing completely over the jetty and walkway. I scanned the ocean to see if any pelagic birds might get blown in. I only found one unidentified jaeger. However, I did find a late Glaucous Gull on the south side (New Smyrna Beach side) of the Inlet. There was also a 1st year Bonaparte's Gull on the beach on the north side of the Inlet.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL