Harper Adams college has 2,755 students, 700 of which live on campus.
According to the first video, they will save 15,000 tons food waste per
year.

In my opinion I think grassroots movement at small schools, including
high schools, middle schools, elementary schools, and small
universities, are where anaerobic digestion and sustainable practices
should start. Once the smaller universities have digesters and divert
their waste from landfills, and generate their own energy, they will
gain notoriety, accolades, and perhaps most importantly, grants. After
this larger universities will jump on board to soak up some of the
limelight. I think if we want larger universities like UF to have
sustainable practices, we have to start small. For example, it would be
great to have Santa Fe college have an anerobic digester.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P6S7BPDkU4
^This is a video where they talk about this project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB5RjaApkpA
^This video is an opening ceremony for their anaerobic digester, but is
not as interesting as the first video. It took them less than 2 years to
build and open after their initial proposal in the first video!

Nury Dominguez
Bioenergy Summer School Intern
College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
University of Florida