SOCNET List participants,

CALL FOR PAPERS AND PRESENTATION PROPOSALS

ON TEACHING AND ADMINSTRATION TOPICS IN HIGHER EDUCATION

The International Higher Education Teaching and Learning Association (HETL)
invites you to submit a proposal for a presentation at its 2014
International HETL Conference, to be held in Anchorage, in partnership with
the University of Alaska Anchorage, June 8-10, 2014.  Proposals are
solicited on all topics related to higher education including those
involving new technologies and globalization related issues. Both scholarly
and practice reports are invited. Proposals are especially favored on the
conference theme: Impacts of Social and Mobile Media on Higher Education. As
in our January 2013 conference at the University of Central Florida,
participants will be from the gamut of academic disciplines across the arts,
sciences, and professions, as well as from other administrative and staff
functions delivering and supporting new technologies and approaches to
learning. As with every HETL conference, we support participation from
around the world. Please submit your proposal for a presentation before the
July 26, 2013, deadline or simply join us as a conference attendee by
registering. No proposal is required if you are attending but not
presenting.

To submit a presentation proposal go to
https://www.hetl.org/2014-anchorage-conference-submission-form/ . Go to
https://www.hetl.org/events/2014-anchorage-conference/  for more details on
the conference.

It's More Affordable than You May Think

The Anchorage area has many features that you will find interesting,
including glaciers, majestic mountains, and a wide diversity of wildlife.
The average June temperature is 16C/62F with sunny days. Airfare to
Anchorage is more reasonably priced than we anticipated. For example, we
discovered by checking Kayak.com that roundtrip airfare from New York to
Anchorage around the time of the conference might be about $350, from London
$1000, and Tokyo $1100. We anticipate that hundreds of rooms at the
University of Alaska will be available for well under $100 as well as rooms
at partnering hotels in Anchorage.

 We look forward to seeing you in Anchorage!

Patrick Blessinger and Charles Wankel, St. John's University, New York
Higher Education Teaching and Learning Association