***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** (Apologies for cross-posting)

Open PhD Position at the Institute for Knowledge Technologies at the Technical University of Graz 40 hours/week

Tasks:
The Institute of Knowledge Technologies seeks a motivated doctoral student for an interdisciplinary EU-funded
research project "Learning Layers." Within the framework of the project, new recommender concepts (e.g.,
supporting users in their learning environment) based on Social Semantic Web technologies will be developed
together with the project partners and a center of excellence Know-Center GmbH.

Qualifications:
Interest in:
Working environment:

Founded in 2006, the Institute for Knowledge Technologies is the youngest Institute at the School of Computer Science. We are an interdisciplinary team of researchers with backgrounds in computer science, psychology and business administration. The IKT works closely with Know-Center, an Austrian
excellence center for knowledge-based systems and applications (www.know-center.at). At our location in
Graz, more than 50 highly-qualified employees and staff work in research and development under the
motto "From Data to Intelligence." As a part of the network of over 100 research facilities around the world,
we have numerous publications in the leading professional media every year.
Within its initiative to increase in the proportion of women, TUG specifically urges qualified women to apply. Among individuals with the same qualifications, women will be given a priority.

We offer:

Contact:

We look forward to hearing from you. Please email us your application and the relevant attachments at
[log in to unmask] senden
see also: http://kti.tugraz.at/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/IWM2013003_Dissertationsstelle-eng.pdf

Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Christoph Trattner BSc
Know-Center
Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 13, 8010 Graz, Austria
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +43 316 873 5613        Fax: +43 316 873 5699
Homepage: http://christophtrattner.info

Meet me at MSM2013: <http://www.kde.cs.uni-kassel.de/ws/msm2013>
Submit to I-Know2013: <http://i-know.tugraz.at>