Hello all,

My question is about using QAP in situations where some areas of the relational matrix cannot logically take "1", by design of the study population. Suppose you ask to employees of a company with four very distant locations around the globe something like "who do you go to lunch with?" - and ties across locations are just impossible. Only some ties are technically possible (those within location): is there anything special we should do when performing QAP regression in that case?

I am asking because, as I understand, the procedure would possibly permute members into groups of people who could never see each other in reality, which sounds counter-intuitive.

I am interested in any reference or other procedures

Thank you !

Bart Chollet
Grenoble Ecole de Management