Dear Norm,
ce sera l’enfer: I would say ‘hell will break loose’.
Best,
Solange

From: Norman Holland
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Help, Francophones!

Can I get some help from PSYART’s francophones?  I’m trying to translate  the exact words of a sentence in Kieslowski’s  Trois Couleurs: Rouge.  The context is: you could do this or that but sooner or later the facts will come out  “et ci sera l’enfer” or perhaps “et si sera l’enfer.”  The subtitles render this as “their lives will be a living hell,” clearly enbroidering.

What should it be?                        --With warm regards,

                                          Norm
normholland( at )gmail.com