De : flmnh-aspidolist [[log in to unmask]] de la part de Ahmed Thandar [[log in to unmask]]
Envoyé : lundi 10 juin 2013 22:01
À : [log in to unmask]
Objet : Re: New holothuriid paper

Dear Narindra/Priscilla
As with most holothuriid species it is very difficult to assign a name to a species without a picture of the ossicles. Can you oblige with this? At first guess, since you state that it was discovered in mangrove biotope, I would guess it is perhaps the fairly common West Indian Ocean H. (Selenkothuria) parva (Lampert). It could also be the endemic Southern
African Neostichopus grammatus (H.L. Clark). The latter is a soft jelly-like species which is usually reddish or pinkish but can also occur as a brown variety.
Ahmed Thandar

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Narindra RAKOTOARISOA <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello every body
I need your help to identify this species from Mangrove biotop in Madagascar.

Cheers,

Pricilla Rakotoarisoa
Doctorante en Biologie Marine
Université de Mons