Hello,

We invite participants to AOIR Pre-conference Workshop in Denver, (October
23d, 2013). Scholars from any discipline interested in online reputation,
learning, and badges are welcome to join. Please see the  announcement
below. For more information, please feel free to contact the organizers.

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

AOIR'13 Pre-conference Workshop: Representing personal history, ability,
and reputation online, 23rd September 2013

Half day (afternoon) on October 23, 2013

Location: Humanities Institute Room 286 in Sturm (University of Denver C3
Studios)

No Fee. By Invitation.

With the momentous changes in social media use in professional contexts,
and the rapid evolution of learning ecologies and experimentation with
different kinds of learning online, the need to present experience and
expertise to new communities is now more pressing than ever. The ways in
which individuals formally construct their identities for multiple publics
is also changing. While the traditional resume or biography remains
important, we are finding new ways of explicitly summarizing our traces
online and communicating these experiences to various publics.

During this half-day pre-conference, attendees will present recently
completed work and work in progress that addresses badges,
microcredentials, reputation economies, markers of expertise, and related
work. Our emphasis will be on empirical work that draws on a range of
approaches to understand how reputation, experience, and expertise are made
visible, regulated, and shared within online contexts and across contexts.
The time will be split between a small number of presentations of more
completed work, and thematic discussions around broader questions and
research agendas for the area.

Thanks to support through the Digital Media and Learning (DML) Competition,
the pre-conference and lunch is free of charge to participants but there
will a limited number of seats. If you are interested in participating,
please submit a one-page brief of your research, along with a brief bio, by
June 15, 2013 to organizers: Alex Halavais ([log in to unmask]) or
Hazel Kwon ([log in to unmask])

Best,

Hazel

--