It just means you're slow Moses.  The quicker list reader snatched up
the least expensive copy already :)

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Moses Boudourides
wrote:

> Thanks, Phil. But there is something I don't like. "My" Amazon shows
> $9.79 instead of what you get $6.83. Does this mean that I'm a more
> affluent consumer? Though located in the country of crisis Greece????
>
> Why are they doing this? Can anyone of you guys who happens to be
> linked with Amazon suggest to these "bozos" that in this way they're
> losing, not winning, money?
>
> --Moses
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:06 AM, Phillip Bonacich <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> Moira - I learned a lot about the sometimes uncomfortable relationship between science and government from reading the book " American Prometheus: the Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer," available as a used paperback from Amazon at $6.83.

  Professor of Sociology and Statistics
  Director, UWCFAR Sociobehavioral and Prevention Research Core
  Box 354322
  University of Washington
  Seattle, WA 98195-4322

  Office:        (206) 685-3402