Barry,

Although not social network-centric per se, we've been regularly
commenting about these issues from a sociological & political
perspective at Stanford Liberationtech's Twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/Liberationtech.

Discussion has also taken place at our mailing list:

For more info on the program, please see:
http://liberationtechnology.stanford.edu/.

Best,
Yosem