From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Moses Boudourides
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Visualizations of ongoing protest Twitter networks in Turkey

Hello,

I would like to inform you about a Gallery of protest Twitter network
snapshots until today that you may see at:

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/networksviz/library/Twitter%20Networks%20o
n%20protests%20in%20Turkey%20summer%202013?sort=2&page=1

Here is the slide show:

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/networksviz/slideshow/Twitter%20Networks%2
0on%20protests%20in%20Turkey%20summer%202013?sort=2

These are snapshots of Twitter networks created by RTweeting Tweets under
certain trending hashtags sampled at various time slots of short duration
after June 2, 2013, almost daily. The content of these tweets refers to the
ingoing protest events in Turkey in summer 2013.

Actually, we are working on a project, in which we intend to do various
network analyses and to give proper political and cultural interpretations
of the protest networks observed through the patterns of Twitter
communication compiled in our datasets. In addition to these network
snapshots, we are collecting streaming Twitter data on these events, which
are really Big Data in size. When written, a first report and the final
manuscript documenting the results of our project will be posted here.

However, those of you who are interested in assisting in improving these
network visualizations (or otherwise give us constructive suggestions about
the forthcoming network analyses of such Big Data) are welcomed to
collaborate with us. Please, contact me if you're interested in this.

Valdis? Lothar? Vlado? Skye? (Just mentioning a few colleagues who are in
the network visualization area and apologies if I might have forgotten
anybody else in the socnet community.)

All the best,

--Moses