Hi Natalie,

SocioScope (socioworks.com) uses attribute and alter lists and tie lists
that you type into it, to collect data directly in the software so there is
no need to manipulate data formats to get data into a typical network
analysis package. There are some  flexible visualization capabilities in
it, but no analytical capabilities. This works very well for seminar-type
sessions involving social networks, especially when you want to actually
generate a social network from scratch but you're not going into the
descriptive or statistical metrics that social network analysis algorithms
generate. Good luck!

eric

Eric C Jones
UNCG Department of Anthropology