Daniel McFarland's group at Stanford has an outstanding collection of labs: http://sna.stanford.edu/rlabs.php

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Nicholas Harrigan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi all,

I'm revamping my social network's course (12 weeks, undergraduate, final year) and would like to include more software exercises to give students a taste of the major social network software: UCINET/Netdraw/Pajek/Gelphi/+possibly some ERGM software.

Can I ask for suggestions for:

1. Written exercises that walk students through important functions of one or more pieces of social network software.
2. Interesting/engaging/relevant datasets for students to use with this software.

I will collate the responses and repost them to the list.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

--

"Neither slave nor master be."

--

Nicholas Harrigan
Assistant Professor of Sociology

Singapore Management University
90 Stamford Road, Level 4
Singapore 178903

Office: +(65) 6828 0842
Mobile: +(65) 9029 9499
Fax: +(65) 6828 0423
UK: +(44) 7962 627960
www.smu.edu.sg

The information contained in this email (including all attachments) is
confidential and may also be privileged. It is intended for the use only of
the addressee(s) named. If you are not the intended recipient, kindly note
that any dissemination, distribution, publication or copying of this email
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
accept our apologies and notify us immediately. Thereafter, kindly delete
all copies from your system. Although reasonable precautions have been taken
to ensure the integrity of this email and that it is virus free, SMU cannot
be responsible for any change made to this email or the presence of any
virus therein without its knowledge and/or consent. Unless it relates to the
official business of SMU, any opinions, views and other information
expressed in this document are those of the individual sender.