Tad, you're absolutely right. However, one may not forget that not all
mathematical contributions made by Frank Harary were assimilated at the
same degree by scholars of social network analysis. Three examples of
Harary's contributions that were rather misrepresented in social networks
are:

* Enumeration Theory (where Frank Harary worked with Edgar Palmer)
* The count of redundant paths (work with Ian Ross)
* Marked Graphs and Consistency (with Lowell Beineke and others)

Anyhow, this sorts of things may happen in the best of families.

Best,

--Moses