Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 03:34:33 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SOCNET] werent only the physicists
To: [log in to unmask]

I don't have any data on popularity, but two tilts at the windmill here:
1. Watts book six degrees was part of this popularity and it is half about human behavior.2 the title six degrees resonated as it was embedded in the vulture ever since Milgram in the 1950s, boosted by the the John Guare play from the 1980s...turned into a film with Will smith.

So, as to the wider public, it is possible the interest in SNA was stoked by many non physicist influences.
Jordi