Hi,

I am a PhD(c) in Information Science and I am following this discussion on
misconceptions in SNA, the role of physicists in the popularity of SNA,
etc. Sounds very interesting, since in my area we are used to work on the
crossroads of several disciplines.

I wonder what you think about this correction to the Wikipedia entry
regarding facebook:
      "*Facebook's social graph is the largest ONLINE social network
dataset in the**  ** world*."* -****Wikipedia*
*
*
... which might be still wrong (I don't have the reference now, but I
remember reading a report claiming that Sina-Weibo is the largest ONLINE
social network), but I guess you can get the point. In summary, do you
think that making more clear the distinction between social networks and
online (or web/internet) social networks would be enough to clarify this
particular misconception ? Or may be I am missing something and the debate
has deeper implications?

Thanks,

Denis Parra, PhD(c)
www.sis.pitt.edu/~dparra/