Many of you will find this conference we are hosting at Northeastern this Fall of interest-- should be fun, and would be great to have a robust contingent of socnetters.  Alas, deadline is coming up fast (abstracts due this Friday).  dl

ACM CONFERENCE ON ONLINE SOCIAL NETWORKS (COSN'13) OCTOBER 7-8, 2013 BOSTON, USA.

http://cosn.acm.org/

With well over a billion people as members, today's online social networks (OSN) pervade all aspects of our daily lives. OSNs have grown beyond platforms for social communication and news dissemination, to indispensable tools for professional networking, social recommendations, and online content curation. Their usage has influenced today's societal and cultural issues, and changed the way we see ourselves and communicate with each other.

Not surprisingly, study and research in OSNs is highly interdisciplinary, and participants include researchers from networking and systems, databases and data mining, security and privacy, and modeling and analysis. For a number of years, researchers have published in disparate venues focused in their own areas, and have lacked a common platform to congregate and exchange ideas. This has limited communication between like-minded researchers, and led to repeated and sometimes conflicting results across disjoint venues.

The COSN (Conference on Online Social Networks) is organized with this challenge in mind. Our goal is to provide a premier publication venue that features high quality research from academia and industry across multiple disciplines focused around the study of OSNs. Of particular interest are works that focus on systems, security and privacy, graphs, data management, analysis, and data mining. We solicit papers in broad areas relevant to the design, analysis and development of OSNs.

David Lazer (pronounced as if it were Lazar)

Professor of Political Science and Computer and Information Science, Northeastern University
Co-Director, NULab for Texts, Maps, and Networks
Director, Program on Networked Governance, Harvard University

CHECK OUT:  VisPolitics.com

Virtual identities:
davidlazer.com
twitter.com/davidlazer