Bruno - I had the same reaction.  On a bit further thought, I wonder if he
may be referring to some of the NSA's datasets, however you may have
trouble getting access to them.

I also have been feeling that the reactions to the statements about
facebook popularizing the term social graph is overblown.  In fact, I had
hoped - my eyes having prematurely saccaded to phrases such as "16th
century" and "Francis Bacon" that the phrase "Of course, you *all* know
that" was going to be followed by some data on the actual early uses of the
term "social graph".  Not seeing such a thing, I looked it up in google
ngrams, which finds the first use in 1922, with spikes in frequency every
10-15 years from 1950 to 2000. In fact, I was initially surprised that the
degree of the spikes seem to be going down over time.  However, after a
little thought, I suspect this is an artifact of G Ngrams displaying only a
percentage of the corpus with hits. So I think the reason there are spikes
is because there are 2 books per year instead of 1 that use the word
combined with the continually increasing number of books published each
year.  With only 1-3 hits per year up to 2000, it is not at all hard to
regard that a statement that "popularization" occurred in 2007 in spite of
fairly extensive noncommercial use prior to that. People just weren't using
it in books or putting those books in ngram. Identifying a point of
"popularization" is a bit challenging, and I am not sure that measuring
periodiical's frequency of usage is the best way to move forward.  But it's
hard to deny that the term sees much greater use than once or twice a year
and enough use to remain active.
Ciao,
David