From: Kayla Berry [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:08 PM
Subject: Abstract Submission and Registration now open for CUAHSI’s Informatics Conference, July 17-19, 2013, Utah State University

Dear Colleague,

As I hope you have heard, registration<http://www.cvent.com/d/ncq590/1Q> and abstract submission<http://www.cvent.com/d/bcq59q> for our upcoming CUAHSI Conference on Hydroinformatics and Modeling (www.cuahsi.org/WDCconf2013<http://www.cuahsi.org/WDCconf2013> ), taking place July 17-19, at Utah State University (Logan, UT) is now open. I am writing on behalf of the new CUAHSI Water Data Center (wdc.cuahsi.org<http://wdc.cuahsi.org/>) and the program committee to encourage you to submit an abstract and join us again for what promises to be a strong, high quality program. This conference will be the 2nd in what we hope to be a continuing series of biennial conferences now sponsored by the CUAHSI Water Data Center that brings together academic researchers, agency scientists, and the private sector to showcase and advance hydrologic data and information system technologies and their use to advance water science. We appreciated your contribution and attendance at the previous conference.

As you may recall, our 2011 conference (http://his.cuahsi.org/conference2011/) had approximately 100 attendees, 40 invited and contributed talks, as well as a poster session and workshops. We are hoping for a similarly successful conference, and the intimate setting of USU allows for networking, side meetings, and fruitful interactions with Data Center personnel, academic researchers and others.

We encourage you to attend and present your work to a diverse and high quality audience, and to share your perspectives and research with the growing hydrology-focused informatics and modeling communities. This would also be an important opportunity to meet in person with CUAHSI’s new Data Center staff and Director, attend workshops, and learn about exciting new projects and opportunities such as HydroShare (www.hydroshare.org<http://www.hydroshare.org>) and NSF’s Earth Cube Initiative (earthcube.ning.com<http://earthcube.ning.com/>).

Abstract submissions (http://www.cvent.com/d/bcq59q) are open until June 15; registration (http://www.cvent.com/d/ncq590/1Q) until June 30th.  Technical sessions and program themes will be organized around submitted/contributed abstracts.  Please consider submitting an abstract soon for best placement in the program. **Travel support is available for students and early career scientists.**

We hope you will be able to join us.

Sincerely,
Kayla Berry
CUAHSI, Communications and Outreach

On behalf of the Conference Program Committee
Jennifer Arrigo, CUAHSI, Program Chair
Stan Ahalt, RENCI
Dan Ames, Brigham Young University
Alva Couch, CUAHSI Water Data Center
Kathleen McKee, University of Florida; Chair CUAHSI HIS Users Committee
David Tarboton, Utah State University