Hello everyone
  Firstly, I want to thank all of you who came out today  and stood out in
the rain for many hours hoping to get a glimpse of the possible  Variegated
Flycatcher, which spends the rest of its time in South America, by  the way.
  Had it not been for the "first alert" group that joined  me yesterday, I
don't know that I could have gotten the word out to you as fast  as I did.
Special thanks to first responders Kevin and Marie Dailey (by  phone and
then in person), Chris Hooker, Gary Davis, James Wheat, the Staff of  the GTM
NERR, Pat Zaborsky, Matt Hafner (by phone) and the handful of  others that
supported and helped in the ID of this bird.
   Unfortunately today, we were unable to relocate  the bird.  I was there
from around 7:30 - 2pm-ish.  There were several  that arrived earlier and
those that were still there when I left.  I will  go out there again tomorrow
and have some other local friends out there  tomorrow, but probably will not
post again, unless we re-find this  bird.
   The photos and documentation will be sent to FOS  for review and I look
forward to their feedback.  Thanks again to all who  emailed and texted me
throughout.  It was a fun run.
   Sincerely
Diane Reed
St Augustine, FL