Hi to all,
I am posting this notice with the permission of the listserv owner.

I have put the final details together for another pelagic trip through
the Friends of the Marine Science Center for Sunday, July 21. This trip
will go out 100 miles, crossing the Gulf Stream and exploring the
2,500-3,000 foot deep canyons on the far side of the Gulf Stream. This
is a great trip for beginners because the seas are normally quite calm
this time of year (as long as we don't have a tropical storm). This
allows us to have close looks at the birds that we find. It is
especially good for White-tailed Tropicbirds and Black-capped Petrel. In addition, it is good
for Cory's, Audubon's and Great Shearwater, Wilson's Storm-Petrels are
often in large flocks, sometimes as many as 300 birds, as well as
Leach's and Band-rumped Storm-Petrels. It is also good for Sooty and
Bridled Terns, Brown Noddy and Brown Booby.  The calm waters can also be
very good for spotting cetaceans (whales and dolphins). In past years, we
found both Pygmy Sperm Whales and Blainville's Beaked Whale, and
Atlantic and Spotted Dolphin.

This is a long trip and we will leave the dock at 3:00 a.m. and return at 9:00 p.m.
Email me if you have an interest in the trip.

Best wishes,
Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center