Today, 6/20, I had a meeting in DeLand so I made a dawn run through Lake Woodruff NWR in Deleon Springs. I found 5 Least Bitterns on Spring Garden Lake and found a beautiful Prothonotary Warbler in the hardwood swamp. After work in the late in the afternoon, I drove across route 415 where it crosses the St. John's River when a Black-bellied Whistling Duck flew across the road and down the St. John's River.  Then I stopped at the rt 46 bridge across the St. John's at the Volusia/Seminole County border where a Crested Caracara went down the St. John's. Then, I went north to Ormond Beach to Central Park at Fleming Avenue and found the light morph Short-tailed Hawk. It was a great day for June.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL