I received word from Eli Shaperow in Deltona that he had seen a male Hooded Merganser in Deltona and an American Kestrel in near DeBary. I found the merganser yesterday evening and the male Kestrel tonight (6/18). This is the first Kestrel I know about in Volusia County in the breeding season since the late 1980's. I hope to find some evidence of breeding.

There were also two White-rumped Sandpipers on Disappearing Island in Ponce de Leon Inlet yesterday.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL