Hi all,

My husband and I took a boat trip around Charlotte Harbor today, and I saw
my FOTS Spotted Sandpipers - there was a little flock of seven of them on
the riprap on the ICW side of our subdivision in Englewood. At the Audubon
Bird Island in the harbor, 20 White Pelicans continue. Some other birds of
note on the island were an Oystercatcher pair with one juvenile, a
Black-crowned Night-Heron, and two juvenile Reddish Egrets. Along the Stump
Pass beaches, with all the regular shorebirds this time of year, were
Sanderlings and a Short-billed Dowitcher in beautiful breeding plumage.
Non-avian sightings - a manatee in Stump Pass, a stingray I scared up while
snorkeling, and something I bet not many of you have ever seen before - a
dead armadillo bobbing in the ICW off the Cape Haze subdivision. Not a clue
what happened there..

Best,

Susan Daughtrey

Englewood, Charlotte County