Hey everyone,

Stephen Presutti and I did some birding along the Shingle Creek Trail yesterday.  I had doctor appointment at 8:15, so we didn't arrive until around 10 AM.  I know, 8:15 is potentially a birding-killing appointment, but we actually did quite well!  We left at about 1:30, hot, tired and ready for lunch!

Northern Bobwhite (3)
Wood Stork (1)
Anhinga
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
Little Blue Heron
Tricolored Heron
White Ibis
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Swallow-Tailed Kite (4)
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Limpkin (5)
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Common Ground-Dove
Great Horned Owl (1)
Common Nighthawk (3)
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird (1 female)
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Great Crested Flycatcher
White-Eyed Vireo
Blue Jay
Fish Crow
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Eastern Bluebird
Northern Mockingbird
Black-and-White Warbler (1 female)
Common Yellowthroat
Northern Parula (9)
Yellow-Throated Warbler (1)
Eastern Towhee
Bachman's Sparrow (3)
Northern Cardinal
Common Grackle

The Shingle Creek Trail is located between the International Drive corridor and the Hunter's Creek area of Orlando, south-central Orange County.

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, FL (Orange Co.)