Hey everyone,

I took a short walk along my street this morning at about 9:15.  As soon as I walked out the door, I could hear the call notes of foraging warblers in the trees a couple of houses down.  It turned out to be a group of at least six Northern Parulas of various ages.  Associating with them was a first year Prairie Warbler.  Fall migration has begun! :)

Also, I was able to reach my goal of 100 species in the first year of living on my street last weekend by spotting a Ruby-Throated Hummingbird!  Anything new from now until late November is just bonus!

I live on Keystone Drive, which runs south from Michigan Street and dead-ends at Lake Pinelock, directly south of Boone High School in the southern edge of the downtown Orlando area, north-central Orange County.

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, FL (Orange Co.)