Something I forgot to mention:

In the early 1970’s we were studying the echinoid Lytechinus in Bermuda.  On a very hot day about four of us were snorkeling

In Harrington Sound, collecting urchins.  Butch, the boat operator from the Bermuda Biological Station, was wearing a pair of shorts and, while we were in the water, he decided to cool down a little.  He dived in, swam around for a few minutes, and climbed back into the boat.  As we started back towards the Lab, Butch discovered that he did not have his wallet.  It had fallen out of his pocket when he went swimming.  We returned to the collecting site, and we looked for quite a while, but did not find the wallet.

 The next day, we returned to the site to do some more collecting.  A student immediately found a Lytechinus covered with a

U.S. $1 bill!  Close by this urchin was Butch’s wallet.  All’s well that ends well.

  Other things we found on Bermuda urchins: golf balls, the old aluminium pull-off pop-tops from beer cans, one earring, and, most grotesque – dead echinoid tests.

Cheers, Dave Pawson.