Dear All,

We have been considering how the incomes of the friends of a randomly
chosen person (say A) might be distributed. We are interested in
existing empirical data that helps answer the following question: how
does this distribution depend on the income of person A?

It seems clear that the distribution is likely to be centred around the
income of person A, but it is less clear how the variance or shape of
the distribution might be affected.

Do any of you know any empirical papers related to this topic? It seems
likely that a telephone survey looking at this might have been done at
some point. Though we have a method to approach this, we're very keen to
know all related work we might have missed.

Many Thanks,

Michael Boyd and Nick Jones (Imperial Maths)