From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Valdis Krebs
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 12:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SOCNET] SNA and Drone strikes

Here is an alarming statement from a "Foreign Policy" [1] article...

"Many of the targeted drone strikes in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Yemen, for
example, relied on social network analysis that included cell phone call
data in combination with human intelligence."

Many of us suspected that... but makes me gulp when I read it black and
white.

Valdis Krebs
http://orgnet.com
http://thenetworkthinkers.com

[1] The Classifieds - Are American spies the next victims of the Internet
age?
      BY DANIEL B. PRIETO | AUGUST 9, 2013

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/09/the_classifieds_open_source
_intelligence_prieto