Here is an alarming statement from a "Foreign Policy" [1] article...

"Many of the targeted drone strikes in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Yemen, for example, relied on social network analysis that included cell phone call data in combination with human intelligence."

Many of us suspected that... but makes me gulp when I read it black and white.

Valdis Krebs
http://orgnet.com
http://thenetworkthinkers.com

[1] The Classifieds - Are American spies the next victims of the Internet age?
      BY DANIEL B. PRIETO | AUGUST 9, 2013
      http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/09/the_classifieds_open_source_intelligence_prieto