Postdoctoral Research Associate

Closing date :31/08/2013
Reference :HUM-03163
Faculty / Organisational unit :Humanities
School / Directorate :School of Social Sciences
Division :Sociology
Salary : 31,331 per annum
Employment type :Fixed Term
Duration:12 months
Hours per week :Full Time
Location :Oxford Road, Manchester

Applications are invited for the above position which is tenable for 36 months from 1st October 2013 and will be based in the Mitchell Centre at the University of Manchester. The Centre is a world renowned interdisciplinary group in Social Network Analysis.

The post is associated with the newly funded Leverhulme project, which aims to answer important empirical and methodological questions about covert social networks. You will collect, analyze and help devise new methods and techniques to further our understanding of covert social networks. All the data will be derived from secondary sources.

You will be computer literate, have or will soon be awarded a PhD in a relevant area and have an aptitude for interdisciplinary research. Experience of social network analysis is essential and knowledge of one of more social network analysis software tools is a distinct advantage. The candidate must be able to work well within a team and have excellent oral and written communication skills.

Informal enquiries

Informal enquiries can be made to Martin Everett

Tel: 0161 275 2515

As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as black and minority ethnic (BME) candidates are currently under-represented at this level in this area, we would particularly welcome applications from BME applicants. All appointments will be made on merit.

Further particulars

  *   HUM-03163 Postdoctoral Research Associate fps1<https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk/Candidatesaa/Preview.aspx?clientid=73&attachmentid=7386>   (PDF, 14. Kb)